miercuri, 6 noiembrie 2019

Music

Some people listen to music to resonate and escape,
And some listen to feed their persona, afraid of being awake. 
I understand your need to feel tough my brother, 
But there are too many insecurities for music to cover. 

I nod my head to the beat, feeling understood, 
Feeling not alone in this mad world as anyone should. 
The rhymes that pour out tangle with the distinct rhythm, 
I feel that these men are free, not trapped in the mind's prison. 

You nod, pretending to understand what you never will
Some might say that you're a phony and that you can't feel. 
But you did, and now you're trapped and confused, 
Wishing that you weren't as mistreated and used. 

Life keeps going and music takes you anywhere, 
And I hope you stop finding people with nothing to share. 
Living with a song in your head is art in itself, moving
And as the beat keeps going, we need to never stop cruising. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu